Starting in the fall of 2017 and running through May 2018, we offer a unique Friday evening Shabbat experience called a MUSICAL SHABBAT TABLE. The Musical Shabbat Table is a big Shabbat meal which we call “Shabbatluck”. This delicious meal with dairy/vegan/pescatarian choices is punctuated by medleys of live Shabbat music offered by our talented Heart of Shabbat Ensemble. The ensemble opens the meal with a beautiful medley of your Shabbat songs followed by one or two medleys over the course of the meal of joyful singing, great music, and a little Jewish learning. We love human interest stories, so we invite some members of the Jewish or wider community as part of our commitment to Shabbat hospitality who have an interesting stories to tell. Our Musical Shabbat Table gatherings are relaxing, joyful, friendly, and welcoming and a wonderful way to share Shabbat with others. We welcome Jews of all backgrounds, non- Jewish partners, new arrivals to Seattle, or folks looking for a wonderful Shabbat experience not replicated anywhere else in Seattle.
Here is some basic information about our Music Shabbat Table Events
- The Musical Shabbat Table events are open to the community.
- They take place on the third Friday of the month, 1/19, 2/16, 3/16, 4/20, Special Shavuot Musical Shabbat Table, Saturday, May 19th, starting at 7pm and ending around 9:30pm
- They are free. You only need to rsvp by with a dish or item for the Shabbatluck. You will only be a click away from participating.
- We are family friendly. Childcare is available for children 3-10.
- Every Musical Shabbat takes place in our Greenwood location in North Seattle: 115 N. 85th St. Suite 202, Seattle, WA 98103.
- Starting June we move our outdoors at Carkeek Park for our Musical Shabbat in the Park at Carkeek Park. More Information will appear in the early spring.
Check the calendar for upcoming Community Shabbat Gatherings, Click HERE