Join Panim Hadashot-New Faces!
We invite everyone who has been touched by Panim Hadashot-New Faces and is excited about our mission to revitalize Jewish Hospitality to take out an annual subscription. Subscriptions are the most concrete way to support our efforts as we emerge as a community and bring our unique approach to the Seattle area.
Subscribers gain the following benefits:
- Two seats for at Panim Hadashot-New Faces Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur participatory musical Services in Fall 2017
- Priority standing and scheduling to be a Shabbat Hosting Partner to convene a Shabbat gathering at your home with the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble.
- Rabbinic Pastoral Support of Rabbi Dov Gartenberg including life cycle events and counseling.
- Opportunity to join the Singing Core-volunteer singers who accompany the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble on Shabbat Hosting Partnerships and community Shabbat events.
- Access to Panim Hadashot-New Faces Closed Facebook Group and Page dedicated to sharing resources on Jewish hospitality practices and featuring teachings or Rabbi Gartenberg and others.
- Volunteer and Leadership opportunities within Panim Hadashot-New Faces as our community takes shape.
How much is an annual subscription?
- An annual subscription is $180. A subscription can be made online at anytime. You can arrange to make it in two or four payments. The period of subscription goes from the date you make the subscription to the same date the following year. There will be a method for automatic renewal.
- Discounted Subscriptions: If you are on a limited income we can offer discounted subscriptions. Please contact Rabbi Gartenberg directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscription Plus: We welcome subscription plus donations for those who can afford to give more. It can be easily indicated in the subscription process.
Why is the subscription amount so low?
We want to make Panim Hadashot-New Faces affordable to the community. For some Panim Hadashot-New Faces will be their sole affiliation with a Jewish community. For others, Panim Hadashot-New Faces supplements an affiliation with a local synagogue which charges much higher dues. Panim Hadashot-is not a full-service synagogue and is not attempting to be one. We believe our approach to Jewish life and community complements synagogue involvement and addresses the issue of the high cost of Jewish affiliation.
How is the Panim Hadashot-New Faces community unique?
Panim Hadashot-New Faces is a community built around a central purpose-the revitalization of Jewish Hospitality. Our focus is to encourage, support, and model Jewish hospitality practices such as sharing meals, community singing, home study, and encountering others different than ourselves. We embrace pluralism as a critical value for our society while making a strong affirmation of Jewish teachings and the Jewish Way of Life.
We characterize our approach as post-denominational. This means we don’t represent a movement, but work with Jews across the spectrum to revitalize hospitality. We work with secular, Jewish Renewal, Reform, Conservative, and Orthodox Jews and respect the diversity of practice. In the work that we do, we hold that the dual affirmation of Judaism and pluralism is a critical stance during these times of resurgent intolerance.
Brief Summary of Our Current Programs and Initiatives:
At this stage of our emerging community we have committed to some core programs.
- The Heart of Shabbat Ensemble: Led by Rabbi Dov Gartenberg and master musician, Ari Joshua, the HSE acts as a catalyst for inspired singing, engaging conversation, and generous hospitality in homes and halls all around Seattle.
- The Singing Core: We welcome people in our community to sing with the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble by volunteering to be a part of the Singing Core. Members of the Singing Core join us at Shabbat Hosting Partnership gatherings and community events to catalyze community song and fellowship.
- Shabbat Hospitality Partnerships: This is our main initiative. We build our community by collaborating with hosts around Seattle to create Shabbat home hospitality and celebrations with our Heart of Shabbat Ensemble and the Singing Core.
- Monthly Kabbalat Shabbat Community Gatherings. Once a month we hold a Kabbalat Shabbat and Shabbat dinner led by the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble which also features a Shabbat dinner, guest speakers, and lots of community singing.
- Community Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur Services. We hold High Holiday services led by Rabbi Dov Gartenberg and featuring the unique music of the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble
- Ongoing Learning with Rabbi Dov Gartenberg and Other Teachers. Thought provoking and boundary breaking learning with Rabbi Gartenberg and other guest teachers.
- Hospitality Initiatives for Marginalized Populations in Jewish Community. Panim Hadashot-New Faces does outreach to the elderly, persons with disabilities, and smaller communities with limited resources.