The Jewish Hebrew Singing Circle
The renamed Jewish Hebrew Singing Circle meets twice a month to introduce and to sing Jewish music. We are singing new music that is being introduced at Panim Hadashot-New Faces events by the Heart of Shabbat Ensemble led by master guitarist, Ari Joshua and Rabbi Dov Gartenberg. We also sing your favorites and requests from participants. Our goal is to foster great Jewish community singing.
- We have a wide and deep repertoire of liturgical, cultural, Israeli, and music from various Jewish lands and communities. We also have a growing repertoire of niggunim (wordless melodies new and old).
- The circle is open to all who love to sing regardless of faith and cultural background. Folks are welcome to drop in for single sessions, but we do recommend ongoing attendance to get the most from the singing circle. No auditions are required. We want to have fun and enjoy the music.
- The Heart of Shabbat Ensemble of Panim Hadashot-New Faces is unique in that we share our music and song in homes as part of our emphasis on Shabbat home hospitality. Participants from the New Faces Jewish Singing Circle participants are welcome to join the ensemble at future Shabbat gatherings on Friday or Saturday evenings Singers are also welcome to join us for our community Shabbat gatherings. Please contact us to get plugged into our schedule.
- Future Dates: Check the website calendar. We will generally meet the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 4-6pm.
- One Time Drop Ins: Welcome. Check us out. Bet you’ll come again.
- Where: In Greenwood at 115 N. 85th St. Suite 202, Seattle 98103. Park in the alley south of the building for entry.
- Sponsor: Panim Hadashot-New Faces www.panimhadashot.org.
- Contact: Rabbi Dov Gartenberg dov @ panimhadashot.org or text/phone at 206 257-1996
- Cost: No charge, but we do appreciate voluntary donations. Single sessions $10. To join the NFSC as a regular, we recommend a donation of $50. The NFSC is free to annual subscribers to Panim Hadashot-New Faces.