How we are not like a synagogue?
- By focusing on Shabbat Home Hospitality, we serve the entire Jewish community.
- We help other synagogues to build their hospitality and community singing cultures.
- We reach out to underserved Jews and Jewish communities.
- We are intentionally non-denominational.
- We invite people to subscribe, not to join.
- We support multiple Jewish affiliations including synagogue membership.
- We seek to transcend the musical/singing limitations of synagogues.
- We do not have a building and have no plans to build one.
- We focus on doing Shabbat in peoples homes.
- We love to think outside the box.
How are we like a synagogue?
- We are led by a rabbi.
- Our rabbi provides life cycle support.
- We hold religious services, albeit not every week.
- We hold High Holiday services.
- We provide adult and family education.
- We put a great emphasis on collective Jewish singing.
- We believe that community is a very good thing.
So what do you think? Are we a synagogue or are we not a synagogue. Send your answers to Rabbi Gartenberg so he can post them on the Forum at dov @ panimhadashot.org